Posters will be presented during the breaks on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. They will not be presented at lunch time to provide presenters with the opportunity to enjoy the symposium sessions.
Accepted Poster Guidelines
You are asked to follow these guidelines when submitting an abstract for poster presentation:
• All posters are required to conform to PORTRAIT ORIENTATION. Failure to follow this requirement will mean that the poster will NOT FIT on the allotted board
• Poster BOARD dimensions = 1 m wide x 2.25 m high. If printing on one page, use size A0 PORTRAIT ORIENTATION (0.84 x 1.19 m)
• Posters should be clear and easy to read. Type size should be sufficiently large to allow people to read from 2-3 metres. (Minimum of 1 cm high for text and 2.5 cm high for titles). DO NOT REDUCE TEXT SIZE IN ORDER TO FIT MORE INFORMATION ONTO THE POSTER
• Design the poster to convey a CLEAR MESSAGE. If this is not obvious to the reader after reading the introduction, the message is NOT CLEAR and the reader will move on to an alternative poster, which provides the correct impact
• Avoid overload – too much information seriously detracts from the overall impact. LESS IS BEST!
• The SIMPLE use of colour can enhance a presentation, but avoid the temptation towards art!
• Consider the use of a suitable photograph, but do not include as a background to the poster
• Keep Logos to a minimum and discrete
• Proof read the poster, and get others to do so as well
If you would like to simply collect your poster when you arrive at the venue by having it printed in Glasgow, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
for further information. Posters are charged at £25 ex VAT per copy.